The competition for open jobs has become very fierce! The interview can make or break your opportunity. It is generally the only time you will talk to someone within a facility to be considered for a position. Because you will be up against a lot of competition in the current market, you will need to be well prepared for the interview.
Here are a few tips:
- Let your Account Manager know what the best times for you to interview are. If there is a chance you will interview during your normal sleeping time (especially if you work nights), be sure to have everything next to the phone that you will need.
- If you’ll be doing your interview on your cell phone, make sure the cell phone is charged. You don’t want the battery to die in the middle of the conversation!
- Have a pen and paper available to write down any notes and questions to ask. Keep a list of things that you want to ask to educate yourself about the position and/or hospital.
- Brag about yourself! What are the things that set you aside from the co-workers you are with now? This is the time to make everything known!
- Finally, don’t be afraid to ask for the job at the end of the interview!
Just a few of these tips may help you land your next assignment!