By Michaela Dickson, Social Media Recruiter, Aureus Medical Group
Is visiting a state in the northeast on your travel bucket list? Well, it should be! Whether you like the hustle and bustle of the city or prefer a more tranquil getaway, the northeast has lots for you to love!
What’s considered the “northeast”?
Northeastern states include Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Why would I want to take a healthcare travel assignment in the northeast?
- One of the best things about the United States’ northeast region is that you can drive 1-2 hours in almost any direction, and end up in another beautiful state. That makes this region perfect for taking small getaways when you’re not working!
- The northeastern U.S. is filled with historical museums and monuments, stunning scenery, and all kinds of activities to do all year round.
- It’s also home to a lot of the nation’s finest major healthcare facilities — including both slow-paced and fast-paced to accommodate almost any traveler’s wish list!
What activities can I do in my off time?
- Winter: Skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, ice fishing, sledding, and visiting museums.
- Fall: Biking, camping, visiting Saratoga Springs, and hiking through The Berkshires.
- Summer: Hiking, camping, swimming, going to the nearby beaches, and taking in a Broadway show.
- Spring: Enjoying Vermont maple sugaring season, visiting Fenway Park, or a refreshing hike at the Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island.
Now, stop asking yourself “Why?” and start asking, “Why Not?!” When it comes to destinations, day trips, and resume-building jobs, you don’t want to miss out on healthcare travel assignments in the northeast. There are so many opportunities in this smaller region, why not travel and get paid?!