Travel assignments can take you all over the country, allowing you to be engulfed in new cultures, new communities, and partake in new experiences. However, just because you may take yourself to a new place every few months – does not mean that your entire life needs to uproot every time. We have put together a short list of a few of the most common nationwide traveler-friendly businesses that may allow a touch of consistency when out on a travel assignment.
Having a bank that is traveler-friendly can save you money in the end. Here is a list of three that you can find almost anywhere to help avoid ATM and transaction fees.
- Chase Bank: Offering over 5,000 branches and 16,000 ATMs nationwide and a easy to use website to find a location near you – Chase Bank is a great option.
- Bank of America: Similar to Chase Bank, Bank of America offers over 16,000 ATMs nationwide and is the second largest bank in the country.
- Wells Fargo: One of the largest banks in America, Wells Fargo can be found in every large city. In addition, they have 13,000 ATMs.
Just because you are away from home does not mean that you have to give up your fitness routine! If you are someone who loves to hit the weight room, take a few fitness classes, or swim on your off days – these gyms might be for you. With locations nationwide, you will not have to worry about canceling memberships, or switching every few months.
- Planet Fitness: With nearly 1,800 locations across all 50 states, including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, the Dominican Republic, Panama and Mexico this network of facilities is very attractive to travelers. Many facilities are even open 24 hours, allowing flexibility to work around your scheduled shifts and call time.
- 24 Hour Fitness: This club has 440 locations across the nation including popular travel destinations like Hawaii and California. Amenities may vary from location to location and many operate around the clock as the name suggests.
- LA Fitness: Located almost everywhere, LA Fitness has over 690 locations in the U.S. and Canada. With a variety of group fitness classes, you are sure to find something you like here.
Knowing that you will be able to pick up prescriptions no matter where you are can give you peace of mind. Here are three of the largest pharmacies that you would be able to find nationwide.
- CVS: One of the largest pharmacy chains in the United States, CVS can also be found in almost every Target location. If you find yourself in a city with a Target store, you are sure to find a CVS.
- Walgreens: Similar to CVS, Walgreens is far more than just a drugstore and offers mail-order pharmacy and low prices on immunizations, as well as being found nationwide. Most of their locations include a drive-thru pick up option.
- Walmart: Being one of, if not the largest, brick-and-mortar retailer it is no surprise that Walmart is also one of the easiest to find pharmacies in the nation. Similar to CVS and Target, if you are in town with a Walmart, you will be able to fill and pick up prescriptions with no hassle.
What are some of your favorite nationwide traveler-friendly brands and companies that you utilize for making life as a traveler easier? We would love to know in the comments below.