According to Punxsutawney Phil we still have six more weeks of winter left. With the lack of snow we have received here in Nebraska this year, I’m not sure if I believe that little groundhog. According to Live Science our friend Phil is only right 36-39% of the time.
With the end of winter near this means it’s time to get active again…outside! It may surprise many people outside of Nebraska, but there are all kinds of outdoor activities in Nebraska. Take a look at the list below of some fun spring activities, and maybe you just might want to consider our home state on your career path.
1) Running. Participate in the Lincoln Full or Half Marathon, which has great support from Nebraska residents along the course.
2) Kayak. Visit any of the more than two dozen lakes in Nebraska.
3) Golf. Western Nebraska is home to the #9 nationally ranked course by Golf Digest – Sand Hills Golf Club.
4) Hiking. Contrary to the stereotypical Nebraska cornfields, Fontenelle Forest, just outside of Omaha, will give you a great area to explore.
5) Canoe. Take a weekend trip to canoe down the Niobrara River.
Bill Payson is a Regional Account Manager for the Physician Services division of Aureus Medical Group.